Sunday, September 21, 2014

Wool Overshirt

With the weather turning colder, it was time to make the little man some cold-weather gear.  I had some heavy wool check fabric, so I made him a wool overshirt.  



My sewing skills are limited, to put the best face on it, but this turned out pretty well, in my slightly-biased opinion.  He seemed to like it too.


I still have to add buttons at the collar and cuffs, but it's pretty much done.  It should do for the next year or two, until he grows out of it.  Honestly, I don't know if any colonial shirts looked exactly like this, but checked wool appears in many inventories, and woolen shirts appear in some runaway descriptions, so this is an article that may have existed.  If anyone else knows more, please comment and let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment