Thursday, August 4, 2016

Handmade shoes

The week before the Gunmakers' Fair, I stopped in at Dixon's (my wife is very understanding), and I found a pair of shoes in my size made by Greg Geiger.  In a coincidence, I had just run across a copy of  The Book of Buckskinning: Volume 3 in a second-hand store, and in the 1984 book, there was an article on footwear by Greg Geiger.  





These are great shoes!  I have wide feet, and these shoes are built wide enough for my EEE or EEEE feet.  The price was also a surprise - less than a pair of  Fugawees.  

 


I have yet to grease these up, install buckles, and wear them, but I am looking forward to doing so.

By the way, red heels were a fashion started by Louis XIV of France, and during the eighteenth century, any man who wanted to look like he could appear at court - as opposed to before a court - painted his shoe heels red (nothing like royalty to set fashion trends).

2 comments:

  1. I needed to thank you for this incredible read!! I unquestionably adored each and every piece of it. I have you bookmarked your site to look at the new stuff you post.
    leather craftsmanship

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated thank-you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete