Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Just About Done....

The horn is just about done; all I have to do now is put in a staple on the plug.

I didn't have a lathe available to turn a plug, so I went with a slightly domed plug.

The scrimshaw came out decently well. I'm a relative novice at scrimshaw, so I'm sure I made a number of mistakes, but on the whole, I'm fairly happy with the look.

I had a great acorn spout plug that my friend Gus Tabor made for me, but I wanted everything about this horn to be mine, so I filed myself a crown-shaped plug to echo the crown on the coat of arms.

Comments and honest critiques are welcome.  Let me know the good, the bad, and the ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment